Friday 30 May 2014

Ascensiontide 2014 - Day 1 - LOVE

I wrote about Love three years ago and I still think it's incredibly relevant...

Funnily enough, I read only in the last 48 hours something deeply personal which coincides with my wrong attitude to love. My brilliant wife is incredibly patient with me...but I confess I sometimes get my priorities all wrong. Particularly as a husband. My wife wisely sent me some links to online material. The Christian stuff was all aimed at husbands...and it hurt. Because it's true. You may not appreciate the tone, the rather old-fashioned view of marriage...and that's okay. But it worked for me, and it might for you, regardless of context.

The essential message is simple: love is about self-giving sacrifice. That is what TRUE love is all about.

As I approach Pentecost 2014, I am longing for the Spirit to transform me into a more loving man.

Here's a link to what I read...there are five sections. The first is on love. Take from a piece by Tony Evans.

No comments:

Post a Comment