Monday 24 October 2011

Life's Healing Choices

My cousin, Chris Drury (check his blog here), is the pastor at Lancaster Free Methodist Church. I get updates on Facebook from him/the church and am envious of the series they are going through at the moment on 'Life's Healing Choices'. Check out the blogs and websites for more information.

Today Chris said the following:

"Several people have commented on yesterday morning's message being really helpful, and so for those who wanted them here are the 7 Steps to Change to go with Romans 12:2 - "Don't copy the behaviour & pattern of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think."

I. Focus on changing one defect at a time: Proverbs 17:24 ...
II. Focus on victory one day at a time: Matthew 6:11
III. Focus on God’s power not my will-power: Phil 4:13
IV. Focus on what I want, not on what I don’t want: Phil 4:8
V. Focus on doing good, not feeling good: Gal 5:16
VI. Focus on people who can help me, not hinder me: 1 Cor 15:33
VII. Focus on progress, not perfection: Phil 3:13-14 "

Now I've not yet had chance to listen to the sermon - but these seven points are incredibly helpful on a day when I'm feeling flat! Thanks, Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment